How Often Should you get a Wheel Alignment service?
We recommend an annual wheel alignment check to maintain the best possible tyre mileage on your car.
With the soft compound tyres and the expense of replacement tyres it is getting more important to check that your car tracks the best it can.
Our pricing for wheel alignments is different from others. We like to encourage to get the car checked regularly. To get your car initially checked is just $40+GST.
From this report, you can see if the car does need any adjustments. We are happy to advise on the time involved and cost. Some cars will take time to get the alignment right, with separate checks for bump steer etc. We quote for you, before proceeding. This way you are certain you are not just getting the basic, easy adjustments done.
What Improvements should I see in my tyre performance?
Recently, we had a car in which had the alignment done 3 times in 18 months to try and correct a tyre wear issue.
The tyres were still cutting out on the edges. Looking at the specs, Chris was able to change the settings to the point where we are certain the car will get a lot better tyre wear then he was getting the last 2 years.
At $600 a tyre, this is an investment well worth it.
So what makes TechDrive superior to other wheel alignment services in Auckland?
- Our workshop has the most advanced precision wheel aligner on the market.
- With the touchless operation we don’t need to touch your wheels. No more hassles with scratched alloys and no error with wrongly positioned wheel sensors.
- Additionally after the wheel alignment and final road-test we are able to quickest and double check our settings. Traditionally this does not happen because the re-setting up of the measuring heads to the wheels is too labour intensive under other systems.
- We have invested heavily in suspension testing equipment to sort out any issues you may have. A dedicated car ball joint tester enables us to load up your suspension ball joints and bushes under actual load. Having multilink suspensions with several ball joints on modern cars makes this tool an invaluable help to determine where a potential problem lays.
- We have been fortunate enough to have Chris Rawson from formerly Centreline to come and work with us. Chris is well known for his expertise in the suspension business for having done wheel alignments for 30 years plus.